• Press Pot: Brew double strength press pot coffee. A Yemen with a combination of acidity and body which could only be described as wild funk, or perhaps a better more positive terms of moss, mushroom and bakers chocolate when poured over rocks and splashed with whole cream proved a dreamy lush beverage one could linger over.
• Toddy: The brewing method of cold toddy process tempers the acidity so it is best to use a bright lively coffee.
ALSO: Cold Brewed is hot
• SodaStream: This system adds fizz to any beverage. Go to their website to find a vendor near you.
• Iced Americano: Pull the shot of espresso on top of a glass of cold filtered water, add ice last. Espresso will be shocked if brewed directly onto ice changing its flavor as it hits the ice. So, better brew espresso, add to cold water, and then top with ice.
• Iced espresso drinks: Pull shots of espresso, pour into cold milk add ice last. If a flavored drink; mix espresso with syrup, then add cold milk, then ice. This will respect the flavor of espresso and makes a balanced drink.
• Coffee iced cubes: make these to chill a cold coffee drink without diluting. I make milk or chocolate milk ice cubes and add these to a Toddy brewed cold coffee. The drink is similar to an iced latte or mocha. As the cubes melt, the cascading swirls of color are pretty and tasty.
• Espresso ice cubes: add to milk make a fine iced latte.
There are many options for cold brew drip coffee makers. The two best known are Hario and Yama, both Japanese brands.
Go forth and brew.
- Sherri Johns